Going Paleo seems pretty daunting. The key is to make baby steps. Small changes to your diet every day will allow you to not only adjust to eating differently but also maintain it. Even if you don’t have much time to cook, food prepping and lots of simple options makes the whole thing easier than you’d think.
Lets discuss breakfast;
- Eggs are great. Buy organic and skip the usual cheese and bread you’d usually eat with it.
- Sausage or other meats
- Fruit or veggie salads
- Fruit & nut bars,or Paleo granola instead of typical cereals (most food stores now carry plenty of prepackaged versions if you can’t spare the extra effort! Like the brand Paleonola with flavors like Apple Pie and Maple Pancake).
- Grain Free Pancake, Muffin & Bread recipes allow you to eat these special treats as well!
- Yogurt is fine. There are great substitutes out there like coconut milk yogurt, or the occasional raw, unpasteurized yogurt is okay too (some Paleo eaters disagree here,so do your own research).
The dinner options are endless.
- Meat or seafood (Just be careful about choosing organic & fresh water)
- Vegetable dishes