I have been looking for a nice cereal recipe to try as a Paleo substitute in lieu of my usual oatmeal or cream of wheat. Here is a recipe I found that I modified a bit to conveniently use several of the ingredients from the Paleo granola bar recipe. Experiment as you like with the nut choices!
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1/4 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Process coconut, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin, sunflower seeds, in a food processor until finely ground (do this the night before to save time)
- Boil water and stir in ground nuts
- Heat in sauce pot for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly
- Let thicken and cool for a few extra minutes
- Alternatively you may add hot water with nut mixture and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Garnish as desired (I added cinnamon, blueberries and then drizzled with honey)