Hey everyone! So I found this awesome recipe for grain free (gluten free & paleo) blueberry bran muffins that have no extra added sugar, besides the blueberries & raisins which sweetens them up just enough! Not only this but the batter is primarily made of the Superfoods flax seeds and walnuts which leaves you feeling very satisfied for breakfast or even a midday snack. This makes 6 jumbo or 12 regular muffins, but I have doubled the recipe and frozen half the batter to easily remake some when I next get a craving.
- 1 cup ground flax seeds (flax meal)
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts until sand like and then combine with flax meal, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt until well mixed. (I do not have a large enough food processor to combine everything so I ground the walnuts separately and then mixed with the other dry ingredients in a bowl)
- Next add raisins to the food processor and pulse them just enough to break them down.
- Add ground raisins, eggs and coconut oil to the dry mixture. Mix or beat well.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Bake 22-25 minutes for 12 muffins, 30 minutes for 6 jumbo muffins, or until the tops are firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; allow muffins to cool down to room temperature prior to eating.