Zesty Glazed Ribs (4 servings)
Ribs are a commitment, but they are a pretty darn tasty one. This is a delicious recipe for both a homemade rub and sauce that will leave your company begging you for more. I paired it with cauliflower rice and a simple side salad for a well rounded Paleo dinner.
- 2 (1 1/2 – 2 pound) racks of pork baby back ribs
For the Dry Rub
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
For the Glaze
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 4 chopped green onions
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (paleo & gf substitute for soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Loosen and remove the membrane on the back side of the ribs and place on roasting pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, rub onto ribs and then refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and cook for about 1.5 – 2 hours or until meat is tender and flaky.
- Prepare sauce for glaze by combining ingredients in saucepan and bringing to a boil.
- Let boil for about 7 minutes until liquid is reduced by half and then brush the ribs with the sauce.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and ribs are crispy.