Who says that eggs are only a morning food?! I am a huge fan of breakfast food at all times of the day. Try out these baked egg portobello mushrooms with organic chicken sausage and sundried tomatoes for a healthy and yummy meal!
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1-2 links sausage of choice (I used Bilinski’s organic sweet apple chicken sausage)
- 1 tablespoon sundried tomato
- 2 large organic eggs
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- olive oil
- rosemary & parsley sprinkled on top
- side of avocado and red pepper flakes
- Preheat broiler and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse, remove cap and scoop lining from inside of mushroom.
- Rub some oil on the back and front of mushroom caps and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder as desired.
- Broil 5 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- Remove from oven and dab up excess water from inside of mushrooms.
- Switch oven from broil to bake, setting temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Break an egg into each mushroom and set timer for 10 minutes.
- While baking, cook broken up sausage and chopped sundried tomato in frying pan until it’s a little crispy.
- After the timer is up, sprinkle the sausage tomato mixture on top of the eggs and bake for an additional 3- 5 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked
- Remove tray from oven and garnish mushrooms with parsley and rosemary
- Serve with side of avocado and red pepper flakes or a nice side salad