Hey everyone! I am definitely not going to lie to you and tell you that these are healthy, but they are an extremely yummy gluten free dessert I made with my sister this past weekend so I thought I’d go ahead and share! (*Warning – not paleo)
GF Hershey’s Best Brownies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or other GF flour alternative)
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp xantham gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Mint Cream (mix thoroughly)
- 1.5 cups confectioners sugar (double check gf, or make your own!)
- 3 tbsp soft butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp milk or light cream
- ¾ tsp peppermint extract
Chocolate Glaze (melt together)
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Heat oven to 350. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of the pan.
- When cooled completely, spread mint cream on top and chill for about an hour.
- Spread with chocolate glaze (Approximately 16 brownies)