I love a good steamed artichoke! It makes for a yummy appetizer or side. I enjoy pairing it with this avocado dipping sauce as a healthier alternative to butter or hollandaise sauce.
- Fill saucepan with a few inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Trim two artichokes by slicing off the pointy tips and cut in half.
- Place in the water and steam covered until the leaves are easily pierced and removed from the the heart (about 20-25 minutes)
- Strain and cool
Avocado Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix or food process until smooth and creamy.
- Dip meaty parts of leaves into the sauce and bite off!
- As you get closer to the heart the leaves become meatier and more tender!
- Enjoy 🙂