I love salmon but was looking for a stuffed recipe to try something a little different. I found this paleo one that uses shrimp and almond flour mix for the stuffing base, and it was amazing! Definitely give it a try (Adapted from The Paleo Foodie Kitchen).
- 2 pieces of salmon (up to a lb.)
- about 10 medium fresh shrimp (6 oz), peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp raw onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp lard or butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp old bay
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix the chopped raw shrimp, egg, onions, parsley, almond meal, 1tbsp lard, garlic, old bay, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Lightly season the salmon pieces with salt and pepper. Heat a cast iron pan on high and add the rest of the lard. Pan sear the salmon 1-2 minutes per side.
- Move the salmon to an ovenproof dish and top each piece with 2 tbsp (or more!) of the shrimp topping. Lightly brush the top with a little bit of lard and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, set your oven to broil and cook for about 3 more minutes until the top becomes crispy.