Red Pepper stuffed with Shrimp Ceviche, a perfect Mexican appetizer or side dish for a light summer meal.
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 1/2 to 1 pound of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of homemade or organic ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce of choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine water and a pinch of salt in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp, turn off heat and let sit for about 3 minutes until cooked.
- Drain shrimp and let cool before transferring to small bowl
- Add the lime juice to the bowl of shrimp, cover and place in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Meanwhile dice tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro and onion and toss with ketchup, hot sauce, & olive oil
- Combine both bowls together
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2-3 days
(Optional add ins – cubed avocado, red pepper – seeded, cap removed & stuff with ceviche)