No one wants to eat a dry boring turkey burger! Spice it up with this recipe that uses roasted red pepper and cilantro to add an extra kick. Topped with mashed avocado and spices, a little bit of tomato, and then wrapped in lettuce, we have ourselves a bbq winner right here!
- 1lb ground turkey
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- juice from one lime
- Mix ground turkey with remaining ingredients and form into four round patties.
- Grill, cook on skillet, or freeze (for up to three months) until ready to use.
- For skillet; add a bit of olive to pan to ensure burger does not stick.
- Cook burger over medium heat for five minutes, and then flip it and cook for another five minutes until the internal temperature reads 165° and the meat is no longer pink.
- Sub lettuce for a bun and top with favorite likes avocado, tomatoes, onions or sauces of choice.