Moqueca is a stew made with veggies, coconut milk, spices and fish. Try out this hearty traditional brazilian dish for something different and delicious.
- Firm whitefish (cod or halibut/ 1.5-2lbs)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp lime
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil (traditionally palm oil)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1 tbsp paprika
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 large bunch of cilantro
- 1 14oz can of coconut milk
- Add olive oil to pan and then add
onions, peppers, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cook until softened.
- Next add the tomatoes and onion greens and bring to simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and then remove about half the veggies to make room for the fish. Layer the fish over the veggies and then spoon the other half back on top of the fish.
- Next pour the coconut milk over the the fish and veggies and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add extra seasonings as desired and serve with a side of rice.