Use this recipe to make a barbacoa – mexican shredded beef recipe that you can eat traditionally in tacos, add to salads, or even serve alongside roast vegetables.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Crock Pot: 6-8 hours
- 3 lbs chuck roast or brisket
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 – 4 chiptoles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 cup broth or water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Combine ingredients in bowl of slow cooker and toss gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until beef is tender and falls apart easily.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and break pieces apart on cutting board with fork.
- Return beef to crock pot and toss with the juices
- Remove bay leaves and serve