Trader Joe’s is my go to spot for frozen fish. They have a wide selection and great prices on quality fish. This week I picked up a couple of cod fillets for dinner which i served over a fresh salad with spring mix, avocado, tomatoes, onions peppers, cucumbers, and sautéed portobello (however they are great served alone as well)!
- 2 cod fillets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots or onions
- ½ teaspoon Annie’s Mustard (or other paleo brand of mustard)
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, parsley, minced garlic, shallots, mustard, almond flour, and lemon juice.
- Season the fillets with a bit of salt and pepper, and heat remaining oil in a skillet.
- Cook fish for 4 minutes and then flip fillet and cook another minute.
- Spoon sauce over the top of each fillet and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until fish is opaque in the center and flakes easily.