Deviled eggs are an easy yet classic party appetizer! I decided to make these in lieu of the traditional hard boiled eggs served at the passover seder in order to spice things up. You can also make them ahead of time for a quick breakfast, lunch or midday snack.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (make your own mayonnaise for paleo!)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Smoked Spanish paprika, for garnish
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there’s 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs.
- Heat on high until water begins to boil
- Remove from heat and leave covered for 10 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
- Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water.
- Gently dry with paper towels.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter.
- Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.