Hot days call for refreshing meals, like this yummy cold soup! Loaded with veggies and and a dollop of avocado yogurt sauce, this recipe will not disappoint.
- 1 quart of chilled tomato juice
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients and chill for at least an hour (tastes better as it chills longer).
- I also combined 1/2 cup coconut yogurt and 1/2 avocado into a food processor to create a cream to add on top of soup when served