It’s BBQ season! Here’s a great dairy free cole slaw recipe that uses a nut based sauce instead of coating your veggies with heavy dressing. Perfect as a side or as an add in for lettuce wraps or spring rolls (Adapted from Thug Kitchen).
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1.5 tsp Tamari (gf soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- hot sauce to taste
- 3 cups sliced cabbage (red)
- 3 cups sliced cabbage (green)
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Add almond butter, honey and chopped ginger into to a small bowl.
- Mix in warm water until smooth.
- Add in apple cider vinegar, Tamari and olive oil.
- Pour mixture over vegetables and mix well.
- Add hot sauce to taste